Sunday, December 18, 2011

I love Christmas - Day 18

You guys know how much I love making memories.  With the babe, we wanted to start some cool holiday traditions that we can hopefully carry out for lots of years to come. 
As I have mentioned before, we also love going to zoos.  And we love the Columbus Zoo.  We bought a year family pass way back in July.  It was really a good deal when you consider we planned to go the day we bought it, Halloween Boo At The Zoo, Christmastime Wild Lights, and again for his birthday minimally.  For the first 2 years, he will get in for free.  But for those of us who are between the ages of 10 and 59 (and both me and the hubs certainly are) pay $14.00.  So, those 4 trips planned would have cost us $112.00 in admission.  Then add in $5.00 for parking for each visit and our total would have come to $132.00.  But, we planned ahead before going and found out that a season pass for one individual + one person costs $74.00.  The + one person means that I can bring anyone with me, not just the hubs.  This is great if grandparents, aunts, or whomever want to join me on one of my days off or when daddy doesn't feel like going to the zoo.  So, we saved ourselves a little chunk of change - $58.00 to be exact because parking is free for zoo members.  (And a check to the website shows that if you were to buy your pass online, you would save an additional $5.00.  Bummer we didn't know this before, we could have added to our overall savings).
We have already crossed out the Boo At The Zoo (and loved it) and last night we crossed off the Wild Lights. 
Check out the deets here.   It is going on until New Year's day, so if you can, you should check it out.  I highly recommend it!  And so would James.  He was a big fan.  Any time that kid is able to people watch, he is a happy camper.  And the people were out in full-force!  That may have been my only complaint, there were LOTS of people there.  And despite the fact that almost everyone there was with children, they weren't always thrilled to move slightly out of the way to allow our stroller to make its way through.  Oh well.  Some people don't want to be in the Christmas spirit.  We didn't let that stop us from being cheery!
My child may look blue or green in some of these pics, but I assure you that this is just the lights making him look weird colors.  He doesn't always look that way. 




This is a new smile he does... it is SO cute!  He scrunches up his entire face and giggles.  I LOVE IT AND CANNOT GET ENOUGH!




This is what he was laughing at.


Of course we had to visit Skeeter as we did here and here!


Daddy was there too, he was just playing photographer because about 3/4 of the way through, James decided that he was sick of sitting in his stroller and wanted Mommy to hold him.  So, of course, I obliged.  I was happy to!  But that means that Daddy didn't make it into any of the shots.  And like I said, no one was really jumping at the chance to offer to take our family photo.  Boo.  Maybe next time.
Love making memories!  Hopefully, I can share with you some more traditions we are able to start with the child during this holiday time!  Let me know if you have any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment