Monday, March 5, 2012

I got my savings on!

I think I may be writing dumber post titles every day.  Eh, oh well. 
I did however save some moolah, and I am pretty darn happy about it.  So, I wanted to share with you guys what I got and had to spend.  Before my little baby made his debut, a friend of mine informed me of these things called "Mom's Marts."  For those of you who aren't familiar, they are basically a huge group garage sale of all things mom-related.  They are usually held in a church or school, and many times the proceeds go to charity, but not always.  Sometimes there is an entrance fee, and if there is one, it is usually like a buck.  Tops. 
There is one that I consider the top dog of all the Mom's Marts.  It takes place twice a year.  Once in March to give moms a chance to get their kids' spring and summer clothes, and again in August to get the back to school clothes and winter attire.  The March sale occurred this past weekend and I was there with bells on.  I mean, a baby on.  :)


It is The Kids' Avenue @ Ginghamsburg and Boutique Avenues, located at the Ginghamsburg Church in Tipp City Ohio.  (6759 S. County Road 25A)
The reason that I love this sale above all others is for the following reasons :
1. Space.  It is a wide open, large space that you are actually able to move around in.  Many others try to jam in so much in a really small space and this creates a really uncomfortable shopping trip.  Even without a baby strapped to your chest. 
2. Selection.  I have been to this 3 times now.  I have never left without getting at least an armful of clothes for the kiddo.  And each time I have scored at least one item that still had the tags on it.  This time was no different.  (I have seen some less than good condition clothes, but not many). 
3. Cost.  I have been to a few of the sales and many of them really have unrealistic prices.  Not sure if they realize it or not, but it is basically a garage sale.  A used onesie should be priced appropriately.  It should not be $.50 less than you paid.  Sorry, that just doesn't make any sense.  This one is wonderful.  See below for the awesome prices!

Here James and I sat down to regroup.  AKA, he was getting heavy and I knew I was gonna need to use the little girl's room.  As you can see, we are in a large gym facility.  It is huge.  I would say that the others I have been to, I would have been trampled had I stopped to take a picture, let alone sit down on the floor with my child.


Yeah, my kid has snot running down his nose.  I was too busy taking pictures instead of wiping him up.  Nomination in for Mother of the year, right here!

Wanna see what I got?  Check it out :

Cute shorts!  They don't even look like they have been worn.

One of the more pricey things I bought.  But, James goes to day care and they keep it sort of chilly in the summer.  So he needs some long-sleeved shirts.  Plus, it's got a groundhog on it.  Funny.

These also appear brand new. 

I didn't realize until I got home, but this shirt could be mistaken for a Pittsburgh Steelers shirt, which I assure you, it is NOT.

More shorts.

Even more shorts.

We already have part of our 4th of July outfit!  These are too cute!

This picture sucks.  Blurry for some reason and I was too lazy to take another picture.  Anyway, it is also WAY too big for the babe.  But, the hubs and I LOVE Boston (the first trip we ever took together) and it's super cute.  It's what the players wear - Name that movie.

Swim trunks!  The hat is kind of lame.  But the trunks are too cute!

$.25 shorts?  OK.

Another crappy picture.  My bad.

I adore this onesie.  So sweet.

These were my "with tags" purchase.  These pants are probably the cutest thing I have seen in a really long time.  I got another pair at the last one I went to with the tags on as well.  Whoever this mom is that buys these and doesn't put them on their child, please contact me directly and we can make a sweet deal.  Cut out the middle man.

These came together.  I could have passed on the orange one, but the striped one made my heart skip a beat.  Love, love, love!

Baseball overalls.

Osh Kosh B'Gosh overalls.

Oops, somehow I bought a size 3-6 month shirt.  Oh well. 

Can you tell I have a slight obsession with overalls?

Who doesn't love a kid in a polo?

And who doesn't love a kid in overalls with frogs on them?

There is nothing special about these.  But, a great buy for day care clothes.

That's the bounty.  And for those of you who weren't adding it up as you went along, my grand total was $37.75.  Not too shabby.  The Puma pants alone probably would have been close to that had I bought them in a regular store.  So, score one for me!  As I have mentioned before, I LOVE to save some cash.  And the way that my child goes through clothes (or any child for that matter), it's important for me to save money any way I can. 

Here is the upcoming info :
3/9 & 10 - OFFSPRING OUTFITTERS MOM2MOM SALE Friday 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-2pm
Enon Church, 7345 Dayton-Springfield Road, Enon
$1 admission.  Cash only.
3/17 - KID'S SALE 8am-11am.  Discount sale 11:30am-12:30pm
Christ United Methodist Church, 3440 Shroyer Road, Kettering
$1 donation.  Visa, Mastercard, & cash.
3/17 - TRI COUNTY MOTHERS CONNECTION 10am-12:30pm
Victory Temple Church, 2443 Valle Green Dr, Fairborn
$1 donation.  Cash only.
3/31 - VANDALIA TWIGS MOMS MARKET SALE 9am-1pm
Smith Middle School, 3625 Little York Road, Vandalia
$1 donation.  Cash only.
4/14 - FAMILY NETWORK'S MEGA MOM'S SALE 9am-1pm
St. Albert the Great Church, 3033 Far Hills Ave, Kettering
Cash only.
4/28 - A GREAT START PRESCHOOL 9am-2pm
Hope Church, 5980 Wilmington Pike, Dayton
$1 admission.  Cash only.

I will try to keep you posted on any more that I hear of, and you please do the same.  Let's all keep each other in the know.  Solidarity Sisters!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE YOU!! Do you by chance have access to my google searches, because this weekend I was googling "mom2mom sales" "mom2mom dayton, OH" "mom2mom Columbus, OH" etc...I'm part of a birth group for other soon-to-be July moms, and one of the girls was talking about these sales. I've never heard of them...and didn't have much luck googling them. I now know how my March and April will be spent :) How do you hear about all of these? I obviously need to get with the in-crowd!

    ReplyDelete