Monday, September 19, 2011

I am making more progress

More bedroom projects - not like that, don't be dirty!  We got a new head board and completed the photo collage wall a while back.  Now see if you can guess what we changed...

Before :

After : (I know the coloring is off... I am being lazy about photoshopping)
Can you tell??  Besides the tacky revolving fan??  OK, well it is once again a light / lamp shade.  The old light base was navy blue.  It was pretty uggo and had a lot of scratches.  The shade was also navy blue... uggo again.  I decided to spray paint the base silver and got a new white shade from Ikea.  Nifty, I know. 

In other areas of our bedroom I made another change.  This was also courtesy of Ikea.  In the picture below, I didn't have a comforter of any kind on the bed.  I knew I wanted something white, but didn't want it to be plain.

I know you cannot tell too much from way back here...
So, here is a close up...

I liked the texture of this one a lot.  It is actually a duvet cover.  I decided I wanted a down comforter for the bed, but I was afraid it would be too warm.  Ikea has this amazing system with down comforters - they are ranked from 1 to 4 or 5.  1 is very light and can even be used in the summer.  4/5 is very warm and should not be used if, like me, you have serious night sweats (which I was hoping was just the post preggo hormones leveling out, but not so sure 15 weeks later that is still the case).  So, we got a 2 - here's the info.  I am still sweating like a pig.  But, it's pretty great.  It feels really luxurious.  Here is the deets on the duvet cover.  Yay for good deals!! 
I have one little tip about down comforters.  I have noticed that they always run a little smaller than they should.  Meaning, the label may say queen, but it will be too small for your queen-sized bed.  I wish that I knew why.  But I don't.  So, I always buy mine a size larger.  That goes for most comforters, to be honest though. 
Without further ado, off to bed I go to snuggle with the hubs under our super comfy, not-too-hot down comforter.  Goodnight, all!

1 comment:

  1. It’s not easy to remove object from photo . By this object remove app remove unwanted object from photo get perfect photo. You can easily remove people from photo or any unwanted object from photo with this object remover. You can easily clone your photo by clone stamp also change photo background to use photo background eraser.

    ReplyDelete