Monday, August 15, 2011

I am making more progress

The headboard is in place.

I think it looks so good! I feel like I have an adult bed. For the very first time in my entire life, I have a headboard. It looks so nice and inspires me to actually make the bed. Ha! Two days in a row I have actually put the nice pillows on the bed and everything! Woah!

The detail of the headboard is great. I really like the brass nail heads. It breaks up the monotony of a beige surface. We snagged this baby off of Amazon. This year for our 2 year anniversary we wanted to get each other something we actually needed. Year 2 is cotton, so we thought a microfiber headboard was close enough. :) Microfiber has to have some cotton fibers in it somewhere, right? The best part about this is that we got this for a steal! Here is the link.

And speaking of, the color matches our existing comforter exactly. Which means we are not going to be using it anymore, but I will use the bed skirt and the pillows. I still would like to get a down comforter for the winter and a nice duvet cover. And I will be using this amazing quilt on the foot of the bed.

Wanna know where to get it? You literally cannot get it anywhere except our bedroom! My mom made it for me for college graduation, I think? It's hard to say what she started it for because I got it like 2 years ago. Strange.

What do you guys think? Do you have a headboard? Do you make your bed? Do you like my teddy bear?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I have a headboard. I'm weird - I HAVE to have one. My room looks naked without one. But no, I don't make my bed. Sometimes I might, but not often. I'm bad. And yes, I like the teddy bear. I think I remember him from playdates at your house! :)

    ReplyDelete