Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I had a very different Memorial Day

First, let me start (yet another post) by saying sorry. I failed miserably with my promise to post every day in May. However, this was not my fault. Our cable provider switched to Time Warner and since the switch, we have been having really crappy access. Most of the time it lasts 5 minutes, cuts out and we won't get connection back for hours. Fingers crossed that this actually gets posted.
Memorial Day is great! I love long weekends! The hubs and I were thinking back to what we have done in years past. Admittedly, we have done a lot of the typical long weekend activities - drinking and hanging outside with friends. One year we went to the Memorial Golf Tournament at Muirfield Country Club in Dublin, OH. That was a blast! Last year I posted our entire weekend's events. This year, we didn't do anything quite as wild and crazy...
Saturday we drove around in the Jeep to enjoy the nice weather. The weather started out okay, and kept getting better as the day went on. We took the top off (natch) and drove into Columbus to do a little shopping. I needed to get a few things from a couple of stores and my husband was gracious enough to accompany me. (Or he is super paranoid about me going into labor away from him). We ran our errands and bought a few other non-necessities. Then we went to lunch at Quaker Steak and Lube. We got to sit outside, which makes me so happy. I love sitting outside and eating. Love, love, love it.
Sunday was a working day. My car guy needed to work on the truck because it hasn't been working for a while now. And, of course, he got it working. He is so good like that. I honestly don't know how he knows how to do half of the stuff he does, but I am a happy wife when my husband saves money by fixing things on his own. I decided I wanted to get flowers in our pots in the backyard and a few for the front. So, I went to Lowes and bought a bunch of flowers. Not enough to fill all the pots, but enough to make a big dent in the work. It was so hot out, that I was not prepared for. Sweaty pregnant woman is not attractive. Pretty gross in fact. But, I was happy with the results. Here are some of the flowers that were put into pots.

Here are some of the flowers that I have planted in years past. So happy with the way the yard is looking.

Oops... how did this one get in here?!?!?

Monday my mommy and daddy came up to see us. I think they were hoping that the little baby would make an appearance and they would be there already. No such luck. But, we had delicious food and good company.

So, now we are playing the waiting game. The doctor told us yesterday that I am still the same dialation that I was last week. Yay. They are really planning to see us on Friday for the induction. I am thinking they are right. My hope was that the threat of being kicked out would make him want to come out on his own... doesn't seem likely. But, I am super happy to be having a June bug, being as I am one myself. And he will be a great early birthday present! If he decides to be forced out, he will be here 3 days before my 30th! Woo Hoo! I will keep y'all posted on any new progress with the baby! His parents are really excited to meet him. Please come soon, Sweet Baby James!

What did everyone do for their long weekend?? I hope we all were able to remember the reason for the extra day off work - those soldiers who gave their lives to protect ours. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You deserve more than a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment