Monday, May 31, 2010

I am not looking forward to Tuesday

This weekend was great! Long weekends usually are, but this one was particularly wonderful. This will be a long post because I have lots to say! :)
Friday after work I drove to my parents' house in K-Town to go see SATC2 with my sister, mom, and 2 great friends. We had a blast! We all met before to snack and drink a little before heading to the theater. Of course, we left the house a little later than we should have (because we are girls) and made it to the theater right before the start of the movie and got to sit in the second row from the front. That was a little neck-straining! But the movie was outstanding!!! My FAVORITE part was the Liza Manelli cameo. **not giving anything away really, but she does the entire Single Ladies song and dance!!! Anyway, afterwards we hung out and people watched until late. That was a blast! I love catching up with my girls. Living way up north, I don't get to see everyone as much as I would like. So any time I get to hang out with them, I take it! Anyway, I wanted to wear something cute... below is my attempt. If I had been thinking clearly (a few too many drinks) I would have taken a picture of all of us together. We looked cute! :)


Close up on the belt


Detail of the shirt


And my shoes


skirt - Old Navy
belt - Limited
tank - J Crew
shoes - target

Saturday was just as much fun. My husband and I love sports as I have mentioned before. Love, love, love them. We have partial season tickets to see the Columbus Crew, a MLS team. They had a big game this weekend against the LA Galaxy. Both teams came into the game undefeated. So, we organized getting some friends together to tailgate before. I made some salsa, burgers, and a delicious drink that goes by many names. We made it for our wedding and called it "Hop, Skip, and Get Married." We loaded up the car and headed to the game.

COWBOY CAVIAR :


1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn kernels, drained and rinsed
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
fistful of cilantro, chopped
1 can rotel
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

combine all ingredients in a bowl and put in the fridge until ready to serve. Scoop up the goodness with some chips. Always a big hit band insanely easy. Make it for your next event and you will not be disappointed.

DITH'S BURGERS :



1 pound ground beef, lean
1 tablespoon dill weed
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup parmesaen cheese
1 tablespoon wortchestshire sauce (or more if the meat seems too dry)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mash with your hands, as I am doing above. Then just grill to your desired temp. They remain really juicy. I LOVE the dill in burgers. It just adds an interesting flavor that is a tad unexpected.

HOP, SKIP, AND GET MARRIED :


1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 cup vodka
7 beers

Pour all ingredients in a pitcher (I used a sweet tea container). Stir to combine. Then drink! It will sneak up on you, so beware! And don't be discouraged by the sound of it, I promise it is really good!

This is what all we loaded in the car.


So I got stuck snuggling in the back with the cooler that would not fit in the trunk.


It was a black out, meaning that everyone was supposed to wear a black shirt. Brilliant idea with the 87 degree heat. The alcohol kept us comfortable though.


love my chucks


shirt - Meijer
jeans - Banana Republic
shoes - Chuck Taylors

Here are some of the highlights...




After the game, we went to watch a friends' band perform downtown. They rocked!



Sunday, my older sis had a party at her house. We got there a lil late because we spent a few hours laying on the couch. But we had a lot of fun. Again, I was not on my game and didn't get any pictures. Here is what I wore, in case you were interested... and if not, here it is anyway.


a little deeper v than I usually wear


LOVE these shoes


dress - American Apparel
shoes - Moda

Today we had a low key kind of day. The hubs was working on our mudroom and getting the tile cut. He was thrilled. I did laundry, got groceries, made meals, etc. We didn't really get to spend much time hanging out or enjoying the extra day off. Now we are watching the Deadliest Catch marathon. Not ready to head to work tomorrow at all. But, I put on a patritic outfit to pay tribute to our soldiers and try to remember the reason we have the day off of work. I love this country!


detail on the top


shirt - JCrew
pants - JCrew
shoes - Moda

This post was probably all over the place, but I just wanted to drop in and let everyone know how my weekend was. And as you can see, it was amazing! We really had an amazing time! Thanks to everyone that was involved! I hope the rest of the summer is as great as this summer kick-off weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment