Sunday, June 15, 2014

GUEST BLOGGER - I am Natalie - 10 months (part 2)

This month was so huge, we had to break it up into a two-parter!

James turned 3 this month!  It's really hard for mommy and daddy to believe!  At least that's what they kept saying to each other over and over.  The weekend before his birthday, we decided to celebrate.  First up, the zoo!! 
The Columbus zoo just opened their new Africa exhibit.  We had been hearing good things.  We were not disappointed.  It ruled!  There were camels, giraffes, ostriches, cheetahs, and zebras!  There were probably more too, but my head was spinning!  The best part was that mommy and James rode a real life camel!!!!!  I am not lying!!  Then, James rode a horse!  I cannot wait until I am three to ride on animals.  It looked like it was a lot of fun! 
James also got to pet the camel and horse.  Then he pet a flamingo, 4 turtles, a lizard, an alligator, and a bunch of stingrays!  To call this day a success would be an understatement!















After the zoo we stopped at Benny's to get some lunch.  Luckily we ate outside because there ended up being a water fight!  Mom was mortified!  :)



Then we really celebrated James' birthday.  With presents, cupcakes, sandwiches (hamburgers), macaroni and cheese, and more cupcakes.  It was definitely a 2 cupcake day for the birthday boy!  It was definitely his birthday!
I have only known James for 10 months, but he is one of the most amazing humans that I have ever been around.  He makes all of us smile every, single day.  There are few people on earth who have as much zest for life as he does, all with the ability to make you feel wholly loved.  He is a fireball of emotions and there is very little doubt at any moment what that emotion may be.  It can switch easily and often, so it forces you to be on your toes.  He gives the best hugs and kisses, his hands are perpetually sticky, his knees are always scraped, he has the ability to turn anything into a ball and bat, and has eyes that will make girls swoon one day.  Happy birthday to the best big brother a little girl could ask for!  Thanks for being undoubtedly YOU!












Last bit of news - I got to ride in the Jeep for the first time!  It was a tight fit, but worth it!  (Not tight for me, of course, but tight for mommy who had to sit close to the dash board in order to get us all in the same car.  Luckily, we didn't go too far.)


Well, I am exhausted and we are almost to my 11 month birthday.  I thought we might make it to my 1 year mark before this picture heavy post made it out.  Whew!  We did a lot this month.  This coming month may be more of the same.  Good stuff goes on around these parts!



I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment