Thursday, May 15, 2014

GUEST BLOGGER - I am Natalie - 9 months

I know it seems like only last week that I posted about turning 8 months... mostly because it was.  But, I am here now to report on my 9th month of life.



We continued with the Reffey family tradition of going to opening day!  It was my first, obviously, and James' 3rd!  Mommy and Daddy have been 4 times!  The game was Friday, so we headed up to Cleveland Thursday night and played hooky the next day.  We hung around the hotel and went swimming in the pool in the morning.  It rained all morning, so we were worried about the game being rained out, or just miserable in general.  We headed to the park after we loaded up the bags and piled on the layers to keep warm.  By the time we got to our seats, we were all sweating!  It was really warm!!  Before we sat down though, Daddy noticed the scoreboard was telling everyone that they were delaying the game because of a storm that was supposed to hit around start time.  It finally came a little later than planned, but when it came it was rough!!  And the temperature dropped by 10°+ quickly.  That wasn't so fun, but like I said, we were all layered up!  While waiting for the game to start, everyone hung out under the overhang.  Not ideal for a 2 year old with lots of energy and a brand new baseball bat from the team shop!  Anyway, the game started, I fell asleep, we sang "Take Me Out To The Ball Game", and the Indians won!!  This is a tradition that I could definitely get into!  GO TRIBE!
















We left the morning after the game and headed to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  That was pretty cool, but I fell asleep again.  After that, we drove outside of the city and stopped to get a sandwich at the place that is a true Cleveland staple - Paninis.  James was not impressed apparently because he fell asleep right after lunch was ordered!  This adventure wore us both out!








 
I love it when I get to snuggle with my two favorite men.
 

 
Easter weekend gave us all an extra day to hang out and do fun family things.  We went to the zoo on Friday!  It was great!  We got to see lots and lots of animals.  And we got to meet the Easter Bunny!!  It was awesome!  (James was a little scared of the big rabbit, but not me.  I even smiled at him a little.  He was also really scared of the guy dressed up as a manatee!!).  Then, on the way out to dinner, James got a little crazy with his marker.  He said it was an accident.  I was bought it.  Mom and dad weren't as easily convinced.  No harm done though, it was washable marker.  He looked so silly though!
 






(Mom note : I didn't see they were holding hands until after I took the picture!  SO CUTE!!)






 

 
Next up, we went to a Columbus Clippers game.  So much fun!  It was a little chilly in the shade, but we all snuggled together to keep warm.  There were two games that day though.  We didn't stay for the whole second game.  It was awesome though!  Baseball is such a fun sport!
 








 
Then we did the Easter stuff.  Wore silly bunny ears, went to breakfast and ate bunny pancakes, dyed eggs, had an egg hunt, and enjoyed being with one another.  Daddy wanted me to point out that he won the Easter egg dyeing contest.  No one else was participating though, so it hardly counted.  :)
 














 
I LOVE this guy!
 


 
We went to Grandma and Grandpa Reffey's house too.  We always have a blast there!  They set up a really cool room for James to sleep in, which he loved!  He made everyone come in bed with him at one point to check it out.  One day he and I can lay in there together!  We also did some Easter egg hunting while there.  The Easter bunny must have been busy to get to 2 houses!
 









 
Here are some more shots of me being adorable, for your viewing pleasure.
 
 












 
That about sums the month up!  I will be back soon with the 10 month update.  Since I am about halfway through the month, I can tell you, with absolute certainty, that it's a good one!  They are all good ones to me though.  In case you cannot tell from these pictures, I am the world's happiest baby.  People tell me that all the time.  It's a really rare occurrence for me to not be smiling.  It's my favorite.  :)
 
Y'all have a good night! 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment