Saturday, February 25, 2012

I made dinner

The rug is in and it is on the floor.  I don't have any pictures to share, but I promise soon I will litter this site with about a million of them.  It looks great.  I love it.  We have been rolling around on it for the last two day.  James is getting to move around so much more, so it is accomplishing exactly what I had intended it to.  Yay!  The colors are great, the size is great, the thickness of the pile is great.  Just so great.  Sorry though, nothing to share visually.  (Don't you hate that?  I do.  Sorry, I am pissing myself off just typing this.)
So, to tide you over until I stop being a lazy tool and get to taking some photos of my living room, I am going to share a nice little recipe.  There will be a reoccuring theme of me being lazy and a lack of photos.  Pay attention, see if you can pick up on it.
I have been using the crap out of the crockpot lately.  The combination of laziness, deadlines at work, and 5:00-5:30 swim lessons for the baby Monday through Thursday, I don't have a lot of time to cook when I get home.  The crock pot rocks my socks.  I am sure I have mentioned that a few hundred times.  But it really is a busy person's best friend. 
I made some beef taco things on Tuesday... SO GOOD!  I got the recipe from Pinterest, duh.  I highly suggest these.  Super duper easy (my number 1 requirement) and taste delish (my number 2 requirement).  Monday we had my favorite ham and cheese sandwiches.  Wednesday we did grilled cheese and tomato soup (because we do one meatless day a week).  Then Thursday it was time to break out the crock pot again.  (I didn't cook Friday or tonight, in case you were wondering, though I doubt that you were losing sleep over it).
I thought since we did beef one day, pork one day, and vegetarian one day, it was only fitting that we do chicken.  Here is what I did. 

BBQ Shredded Chicken
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (we wanted to be sure we had some leftovers)
1 large onion
1 can chicken broth
Seasoning salt
BBQ sauce

Put all of these things in the crock pot together.  Add whatever you feel is the appropriate amount of seasoning.  I used a boat load.  I wanted to be sure the chicken had a lot of flavor.  I let it go for about 9 hours while I was at work.  Most of the liquid was gone.  So, I shredded the chicken with a fork and then added an entire container of BBQ sauce.  Use whatever you have and however much you want.  It seems that the chicken sort of absorbs all of the liquid of the sauce. 
That is almost the end of the recipe.  The next step is to get your fixin's together for your sandwich.  Whatever you want to use.  Buns, cheese, pickles, onions, etc.  Now make a sandwich out of it.  And that is it.  See how simple this is.  I feel that I am getting even lazier with the number of ingredients and the steps involved in the process.  Eh, such is life. 
Did you pick up on the lack of photos?  I took this one after having combined all the ingredients into the crock the night before.


This is the seasoning salt that I used.  My mother-in-law gave this to me and said it was amazing.  She was right.  I just put a couple of tablespoons on top of the meat. 


I don't know where she got it, but it is good stuff.  The whole thing is good stuff.  Please try, enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment