Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I have been playing with yarn

Pinterest is awesome. Are you all on it? If not, you really should be. It is really freaking awesome. It is like a virtual manila envelope to store future ideas for literally anything. It really is great. Meander on over and check it out. But, wait until after you read this post.
What does Pinterest have to do with yarn? Lots. I found the following DIY / crafty ideas :

via dollarstorecrafts.com 

via thriftydecorchick.com

I was inspired!  I always need wreaths for the door, and clever Halloween decorations.  I didn't really want to buy an expensive wreath form from the craft store.  And luckily I found this... also on Pinterest.

via thepennyparlor.com

It is the foam wrap that you put on pipes for insulation.  I got 5 of them for like $3.  That's a heck of a lot cheaper than the premade forms. 
Here is what I did with 2 them :
 (yes, those are googly eyes!!)

(I know it's a little early for the 4th, but I LOVE this!)

I did have to buy the form for the candy corn.  It was super easy and I really like the way it turned out.  It's on my dining room table.  Once I get the table completely finished, I will post some pictures of it.  (I did some other DIY projects that are occupying the table as well)


Go on over and check out Pinterest if you haven't already.  It's totally worth the 100's of hours of your time that you will waste!  :)  Anybody else being crafty???

1 comment:

  1. hey, I'm also on pinterest, look me up... Theresa Zimmerman

    ReplyDelete