All smiles and fat bellies over here! This dish is amazing! You. Need. To. Make. This. For. Dinner. Tonight. Promise you will love it! Enough babbling, here is the good stuff...
1 box manicotti
1 container cottage cheese
1 bag cheddar cheese (2 cups)
1 bag Mexican cheese blend (2 cups)
1 small red onion
1 egg, diced
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp cayanne pepper
2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp cilantro
1 can Rotel
1 can tomato sauce
sour cream, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook manicotti until right before it is fully done (you do not want the noodles too soft or they will tear easily. Don't worry, they will finish cooking to perfection once they are stuffed and in the oven)
3. In a medium size bowl combine cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, Parmesan cheese, cayanne pepper, cumin, and cilantro. Mix very well.
4. Add egg to cheese mixture. Mix well, but do not over mix.
5. Put contents into a plastic freezer bag & cut off one tip. You will fill the manicotti through this hole.
6. Once manicotti is complete, pipe the cheese mixture into the it. Fill all completely with mixture. As manicotti is complete, place into a shallow baking dish.
7. In a small bowl, combine Rotel and tomato sauce. Stir.
8. Pour tomato mixture over manicotti.
9. Sprinkle Mexican blend cheese over top of the manicotti.
10. Cover with foil and put in oven for 40 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and ENJOY! You can add a small dollop of sour cream and you are ready to go.