Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I had one of those days

My morning workout wasn't great. Work was long. It was just ugh overall. So, the thought of making dinner didn't really appeal to me. However, we spent too much time eating out during the vacay, so I am determined to make dinner every day this week. Plus, as I mentioned yesterday, I am doing a clean the pantry week. I summoned the energy to make a little spaghetti. No jar sauce though. Here is the recipe. Again, no pics... not sure what is up with the camera.

Spaghetti and homemade sauce

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
5 tomatoes, seeded and diced (any kind of tomato will do)
salt & pepper
1 handful fresh basil, chopped (or about 1 tbsp dried basil)
1 tbsp red wine vinegar

1. Heat up the oil. Saute garlic and onions for about 5 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and keep the heat up. Stir continuously for about 5 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Add basil and stir. Turn heat down.
4. About a minute before serving, add the red wine vinegar.

Spoon as much sauce as you want over spaghetti noodles. I also served with some frozen garlic toast (cooked, of course). It was not the most gourmet meal I have ever made, but it was yummy. You could always sprinkle some mozzarella or Parmesan over the pasta, but we didn't have any. Also, I am trying to keep the calories lower... so that afterwards I could enjoy some ice cream cake!! haha!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post. Should be interesting because we REALLY are running out of food. We have some swiss cheese, colby jack cheese, grits, frozen sausage, bread, canned beans, and celery. It could get pretty dicey around here... the poor husband loves me even through these weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment