Sunday, July 11, 2010

I am a college student again!!

All of a sudden, I have the urge to stay up late, sleep in, and drink way too much! It may be because we have been on vacation for the past two weeks, or due to the fact that I am back in college. Right now I was only able to get into one of the photography classes that I wanted, but it is a good start. Probably a good idea to ease myself back into reading, studying, and homework. Although, now I read about aperture not algorithms. And homework is taking pictures, not solving circuit equations. It keeps me a little more entertained! Let's hope that it stays that way.
I got an A on my first quiz. I was happy about that, but feel I could have got 100% (the question was oddly worded - in my defense). Tonight I turned in my first project as well. The assignment was to turn in 5 photos that showed and emphasis on color with details. We could use one color or use a color palette (such as warm/cool, complimentary, analogous). I spent the past week or so taking images of anything and everything. Here are the 5 images that I submitted. I hope my professor likes them! Hopefully I get feedback right away.

This coleus is in the large pots I have flanking my front door. This is my example of complimentary colors (red & green). It was taken on the macro setting on ISO 800.


Another example of complimentary colors... again red and green. This is a bowl of apples that sit on my dining room table. (I hoped I don't get dinged for two images of the same color category!) I used the portrait setting with ISO 400 for this pic.


This is my favorite of the photos that I took. It is my interpretation of analogous color. The day lily is in our backyard by our deck. They are such interesting flowers. I love how delicate they appear, but are actually super hardy. This shot was taking on the macro setting using ISO 100.


We were driving to my parents' house this weekend and we pass a lot of corn fields. I was in photographer mode the entire drive trying to find the perfect spot to get a good picture. This is again analogous color as well, but in greens. The picture was taken in the Aperture Priority setting (Av) - 1/1600 @ f/5.6 and ISO 100.


The last pic is kind of silly! I didn't like any of the other 200+ pictures that I had taken over the week for submission. So, I decided that I would pull out some of my most fave colorful little babes! I thought it would be fun to pull out a wide variety of sizes. The pond in this photo is in our backyard. The hubs likes this pic out of all that I took with the ducks because you can kind of see his little fishy friends! This was an example of a cool color palette. It was taken on the Shutter Priority setting (Tv) - 1/250 @ f/5.6 and ISO 250.



Another exciting photography item happening now is that I have offered to do my sister and her fiance's engagement photos! They are trying to save some money and have a friend doing their wedding pictures on their big day. Our photographer took our engagement photos and made it into our sign-in book. So, we are going to use the pics for theirs! I am really excited about it. They are getting married in October, so I will wait to do the pictures when it gets closer, that way my class will be over and I will have a better idea of some fun techniques! I am super excited to be able to share this with them! YAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment