Sunday, September 25, 2011

I made dinner

This recipe is amazingly simple. There are only 4 ingredients and they are inexpensive. It makes a lot of food and the hubs and I really like it. Be advised though, this is NOT a health conscious meal. But you can make some adjustments to improve the health level. Or, just eat it, and serve some fruits and veggies with it. Also, I don't see that this recipe could be adjusted for vegetarians! Sorry my non-meat-eating friends! Here it is :

Sausage Casserole :
1 pound ground sausage (any kind, Italian, spicy, mild, etc)
1 bag noodles
1 can cream of mushroom
1 bag of cheddar cheese (2 cups)

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Brown the sausage.
Cook the noodles according to the package. Mix all the ingredients into a 9x12 glass dish. Be sure to mix really well.
Pop it in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Make sure the cheese is melted completely.
And that is it! Dunzo! :) It is one of those meals that I make on a night when I don't have a ton of time (or desire) to make a labor intensive meal. There is very little hands-on time and no dicing, slicing, or chopping to do.
I am telling you, this stuff is goooood! If there are leftovers at all (which is rare even though it could feed a family of 4), we fight over who gets them in their lunch the next day. Craig won this time... that will NOT happen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment