Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I break in half my spaghetti before I cook it

I put on Pandora and started cooking this evening. I sometimes forget just how amazing Pandora can be. Don't you judge me though since it was on Britney Spears Radio... not sure if I needed to admit that or not!
Anyway, it was another "Clean the Pantry" kind of night, although this one was planned. It's a dish I call Chili Spaghetti. I am sure there is a real name for it, but whatever. This is close enough to what it is.

Ingredients :
1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef if you want)
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 small can tomato sauce
1 tsp basil
1 tsp crushed red pepper
spaghetti

In a pan, add garlic, onion, and turkey. Brown the turkey. While this is happening boil some water and add the spaghetti... I break mine in half before I add it to the water. (Do all people do this? When I watch the cooking network, or food network, they don't. It was always something I was told to do. For some reason today, I thought maybe it wasn't necessary...)


Once the turkey is browned, add the beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Then add the basil and red peppers. Stir all of this together. Once the spaghetti is done cooking. You are ready to eat. It's that freakin' simple and it is good.


I sprinkle some cheese on top. Totally unnecessary, but good. And since I am preggo, I add cheese to lots of things that are totally unnecessary. I have always said that cheese makes everything better. Cheese and bacon. Mmm... bacon. Now I am hungry again!

1 comment:

  1. I break mine in half too...but mainly because I use a smaller pot for ease of cleaning, and I always think shorter pasta is easier to eat. So it's out of pure laziness...or maybe it's the IE in me being more efficient? :)

    ReplyDelete