Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I don't know how people live on US1

We stayed in Big Sur state park. Gorgeous! What a beautiful area. The drive though, just a little scary! Here are some of the highlights.

I look bad in hats.

Dress - H&M ($10 btw... awesome!!!)
Belt - The Limited
Jacket - Forever21
Hat - Target
Sunglasses - Rampage

Our sweet ride for the week. If you are going to drive US1, I suggest getting something that does not hamper the view. Incredible!


This is someone's house... you could not pay me enough.


About 4 miles before getting to San Simeon and the Hearst mansion is a huge elephant seal reserve. These guys are enormous! They come up on the beach to shed their skin. They stink and make a lot of noise. I wish I could have gotten some video to share.




San Simeon mansion. A little much for my taste ;)
View from the bottom of the hill. It is a 5 mile, windy drive to get to the top.


Complete opulance.


The pool.


What a view!


Again, I highly suggest visting this house! It is a little pricey, but so totally worth it. We have also visited the Biltmore in Ashville, NC and it is just as insanely over-the-top! Something you have to see to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment