Friday, December 16, 2011

I love Christmas - Day 15

As you know, my son goes to day care.  As I have mentioned many, many times before, it pains me severely to drop him off everyday.  I get sad because I want to be with him all day, every day.  But, it is so much easier to leave him here because of what a great place it is.  James really seems to like it.  My only complaint is that he doesn't really nap while he is there, but that is mostly because he doesn't want to miss a moment of action! 
One of the reasons that I love this place is because they do a lot with the kiddos.  For instance, on Halloween they had the kids go trick-or-treating to the other classrooms in the building.  Of course, the nursery babies did not participate.  Instead, they were given a little treat bag with a sucker (which I ate) and a small rubber duck dressed in a Halloween costume.  Super cute! 
They also had a grandparents' day (James' were not able to attend because we were out of town) where the grandparents come and have a little snack with the kids.  Again, so cute!
A couple of weeks ago we got an invitation to a performance that would be held at Noah's Ark Day Care today at 3:00.  So you know me and the hubs rearranged our schedule so that we could be there to watch, photograph and video this event.  It would be our baby's first stage performance (and hopefully not his last).  I was looking forward to today since getting our invite.  I was NOT disappointed!  I absolutely LOVED it all!  At one point I was laughing so hard I was crying.  I was also squeezing my husband's arm so hard because I could not stand the cuteness! 
Here is the video I took.  Of course, I forgot my Flip to take HD video, but I am pretty impressed with the video capability of the iphone (really, everything with this phone has me quite impressed).  Again, as you watch this, please excuse the movement as I was laughing the entire time. 
James is the 3rd child from the right, wearing the red and white striped shirt.  He is being held by one of his teachers who will be retiring at the end of the month (*tear* we love her!). 


EDIT***
I cannot get this video to upload because it is too long.  I am so bummed.  This is the second day of me trying... check back soon and I will try to edit it and get it into this post.  In the mean time, here are some pics of my child before and after the performance :









Today there will be two posts... stayed tuned for later on this evening when I compare hot chocolates!

No comments:

Post a Comment